Saturday 5 January 2008

Hi girls

Thought I would share one of my favourite slow cooker recipes :

Beef Goulash
approx 500g stewing steak
2 tbsp seasoned flour
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 or 2 large onions chopped
1 pepper (green or red) deseeded and sliced
150ml beef stock (I just use a stock cube)
400g can of chopped tomatoes
2 tsp paprika
2 tbsp tomato puree
1 bouquet garni
salt and pepper to taste
Optional - 140 ml soured cream or natural yoghurt to serve ( I dont add this)
Method :
Coat the meat in the seasoned flour
In a large non stick frying pan , heat the oil and fry the steak till lightly browned
Add the onion and pepper and cook for a further 2 minutes
Add the stock, tomatoes, paprika, tomato puree and bouquet garni , season to taste (I find it doesnt need any salt added). Bring to the boil.
Add the goulash mixture to the slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours
To serve , pour soured cream or yoghurt over the goulash.
We usually have this with mashed potatoes , carrots and a green veg or two ! Its very yummy !!

1 comment:

Olive said...

Looks yum!Now where did I hide the slow cooker!